The Many Benefits of Plumbing Maintenance
Plumbing problems don’t just happen out of nowhere. Usually, there are many signs that something’s about to go wrong. Sometimes, those signs are only catchable if homeowners routinely inspect their plumbing system.
For instance, a chronic clog could point to root obstruction, impeding water flow. Mold growing around the baseboards could point to a hidden pipe leak. By promptly addressing plumbing issues and scheduling annual maintenance visits, homeowners can reap these benefits:
The Plumbing System Runs Smoothly
Many homeowners take their plumbing systems for granted, not giving it a second thought until something goes wrong. It takes a lot of “behind the scenes” work for a plumbing system to work as expected. It requires:
- Keeping the system free of clogs: When obstructions build up over time, they can affect how drains drain. They can also cause foul-smelling odors and mold growth. Homeowners should steer clear of chemicals (like Drano) when removing clogs. Baking soda and vinegar are usually enough to dissolve hard-to-remove clogs.
- Preventative maintenance: Maintaining the plumbing system isn’t a one-time deal. It requires preventative maintenance by the homeowner and routine maintenance checks by a professional. One example of preventative maintenance for a homeowner is putting fat, oils, and grease into the trash. If someone pours these solutions down the drain, they risk causing serious problems.
Annual maintenance checks by an experienced plumber are important because they can assess the plumbing system and catch any issues before they have a chance to worsen and require additional repairs.
Extending the Plumbing System’s Life
Believe it or not, the home’s plumbing system has a pretty impressive lifespan. For instance, homeowners can keep their toilets running for up to 50 years with proper maintenance. And often, a home’s pipes can run for decades without needing replacement.
However, when a homeowner fails to schedule routine maintenance visits, they may need to pay for repairs or replacements sooner than necessary. This wouldn’t just impact the homeowner’s time but also strain their wallet. When homeowners ask themselves: “How can I prolong my plumbing system’s life?” The answer is easy: maintenance.
By regularly inspecting and repairing their home’s plumbing system, homeowners can save money on:
- Utility bills: Leaks, clogs, and other plumbing issues can slowly increase the water bill. Sometimes, the increase is so small that the homeowner doesn’t realize it immediately. This could cause them to spend more money than necessary in the long run.
- Structural repairs: A healthy plumbing system is a key to a home’s safety. For instance, a chronically leaking pipe can breed black mold, which can cause a host of respiratory problems. It can also eat away at a home’s foundation and drywall, making the house structurally unsound.
- Frequent repairs. Failure to promptly address problems (or even realize they exist) could lead to a constant need for plumbing services.
These are just some ways a homeowner can benefit from keeping their plumbing system operating efficiently. If homeowners want more information about maintaining the plumbing system, they should contact a local professional.
About Premium Plumbing
Premium Plumbing has provided the community of Tampa, FL, and the surrounding areas with personalized options for their plumbing issues since 2015. They offer transparent pricing, same-day service, financing, and a free plumbing safety inspection with every service call. Call them today for plumbing services in Tampa, FL.