Delaying gas line leak repair poses several risks, including a house fire. If you suspect you have a gas leak, call Premium Plumbing for gas pipe leak repair and gas line installation in the Tampa Bay area, FL. Our specialized tools equip us to find even the smallest gas leak quickly and provide lasting solutions.
We are standing by to provide gas line replacement and leak repair and repair as soon as you need it. Scheduling our services is easy, and we arrive fast.
Contact us today to inspect your gas appliances. We perform gas line repairs on water heaters, gas stoves, and everything in between!
Signs of a Gas Leak
If you notice any of the following signs of a gas leak, call us:
- A sulfur or rotten egg odor
- Hissing or whistling sounds around gas appliances or lines
- Bubbles in your home’s water
- Plants turning brown
- Gas connection or line damage
- Rising gas bills
- Underperforming gas appliances
- Dust clouds near gas lines
Don’t let anyone but a licensed, insured, and experienced gas fitter work on your gas lines. Our certified technicians have years of experience fixing gas line problems. We adhere to the latest safety standards when providing services and prioritize customer satisfaction.
What Causes Gas Line Leaks?
Worn out gas lines and connectors are the most common cause of gas pipe leaks. Flexible CSST gas lines have a lifespan of around 30 years, while black steel pipes last about 75 years. Other possible causes include:
- Improper installation
- Corrosion caused by weather
- Broken pipes caused by earthquakes, floods, or other extreme phenomena
We can complete most gas line leak repairs within a single visit. If the damage is extensive or the pipe has already undergone several repairs, we may suggest a replacement.
We offer transparent and competitive pricing on all gas pipe repairs. We are also happy to tailor our services to fit your budget.
Signs You Need Gas Line Repair or Installation
Here are some things to look out for that may indicate that you need a gas line replacement service:
- Any part of the gas line is visible
- Gas-powered appliances aren’t running as efficiently as they used to
- The gas line in question has previously had a leak
- A strange hissing or roaring sound is present near the gas line
- An increase in gas bills have greatly increased although your habits have not changed.
How long a gas pipe lasts depends on many factors, including hte material the pipe is made of. For example, flexible CSST gas lines have a lifespan of around 30 years, while black steel pipes last about 75 years. When you’re ready to install new gas lines, call the experts at Premeum Plumbing.
Get in touch with us to discuss your gas line repair or replacement options.
What to Avoid If You Suspect a Gas Line Leak
While waiting for our experts to arrive and check for a leak, avoid:
- Entering the building
- Turning on electrical or gas appliances
- Using your mobile phone inside the building
- Leaving your main electrical panel on
- Leaving the windows closed
Before evacuating the building, open all your windows to let out as much of the leaked gas as possible. After receiving your call, we will head to your address ASAP. We’ll arrive with everything necessary to check for a gas leak and repair it if necessary. We will also provide expert advice regarding how to prevent gas-related accidents.